Monday, May 19, 2008

Well here I sit on my front porch...

So, I am "moved in," such as it is.
I still have to acquire some book shelves and unpack but the main stock of my belongings now reside at my new house. It is a quaint two bed room/one bath/back deck/front porch (my favourite) brick house in the "Williamsburg" of LR. In that I mean it is a lot of young folks and most of the people in local bands/pizza establishments live around me. I realize this is stretching a metaphor pretty fucking far but as I have had a few PBR's ($5 a sixer) so I could care less.
I have to admit I think about NYC a fair bit. Along these lines I took a good piece of advice from my NYC friend E. today. He had always talked about quitting this philosophy foolishness and going out and growing peppers or going into pro-am cage fighting. I am a big guy but my friend E. has proved that size has shit to do with it (ask C. about this and the bruise on his ass) and I am not the violent type so I went for the other suggestion. I was out at the local purveyor of groceries and dry goods today and noticed that they were selling off plants at a heavy discount. I discovered 3 species of peppers being sold at 3 a batch and bought one batch of each (9 plants total) and brought them home to make them my own. I have just planted them and set them out on the porch. I am gonna love this porch this summer and plan on making it my own. I mean, it is awesome. I get stolen wireless from the porch swing and I am trying to figure out how to hang the half-busted disco ball I found in my closet from the ceiling.
I am still processing the move. I feel like behind my pupils are the accursed spinning discs you get on your mac when it is thinking really hard (usually right before it dies) as I sit here in the dark and smell the honey suckle and citronella.
We will see....

Currently listening to: Lucero, Self-Titled.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Fucking Perfect, bro.