Thursday, May 8, 2008

Stuff...

So, I have been in a bit of an academic state of late. I will not bore you with it here but I guess I do have to say that it is real and it messing with my head. The notion of a "limit" has become very omnipresent. That there is something that an attempt to philosophize about misses. That we are something than what we actually is not what we perceive it to be. Time is a good example of this. Think about time and tell me what is really there to think about? I sometimes feel as though I am watching brilliant people throwing themselves against walls that are not really there. I supposed I am not smart enough to see things that are not there. Oh well....
My friend the cat turned back up today. He is a lovable scamp. I am assuming it is a he. Not sure why. It just seems to fit. The first occasion of his visit was discomfiting to me because he woke me up in my bed. I had no idea where he had come from. Well, I think he lives upstairs. I think I shall miss him most about NYC. Here he is.
I need to keep working in my notebook. This assists in sanity. I also notice that the more I write in it the clearer my broad strokes become. If I keep it up I can begin to work on something of my own. Something original. I also need to keep up with the wikipedia log. I have filled up a whole page thus far. I think getting things out of my head and on to paper is what allows one to say "this is bullshit, or stupid, or nonsense, or the kind of thing I would expect to here from (insert sophist a-hole I do no respect or probably like). Maybe someday I can contribute to the great raging debates of my colleagues.
Listen to the Hot Snakes.
This is what I had for dessert tonite.I would post some more Ryan Adams stuff but his blog is down again. I wish I had as much free time to be myself as he has.

No comments: