Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Morning After...


So, I had a small dinner event last night. I bought some sausage and some chicken and some boca burgers and some beer. Invited a few people. Small. That was the idea. Well, it did not stay small. I keg materialized. People showed up (even some neighborhood punks) and the sun went down. The food was destroyed. And then it began to rain. Rain in the south on an early summer's evening is one of the greatest things in the world in my opinion. I went out to stand in a few times: to smell it, to taste it. It tastes sweet. We all crowded up on the porch and I put Sun Kil Moon on. The night went on like this and I liked it.
The only problem with hosting such Soiree is that the day after things need to be done. The dead must be picked up. But it was all worth it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A nice southern house party. Sorry I had to bail out early...learning to be responsible about things like 1st day of work. But porch sitting and whiskey drinking-- exactly what I'd hoped for!