Saturday, May 10, 2008

So I am going to say...

I think that we can say that Obama will be the nominee come November.
I like Hillary. I think she has spunk. And unlike Lou, I don't hate spunk. I think that this long drawn out affair has forced the party to look at the way it does business (and yes it IS a business). As for myself, I think it should force a good hard look at the way the party system works. I am not in favour of parties and anyone who read the previous blog can find ample evidence to support this. I think they are bad for democracy. I think that Hillary may have been bad for the party but SCREW the party! I don't vote for the democratic party. I vote a person who shares my values. These values tend to reflect those held by the DNC but the point is that the party should facilitate choice making not BE the choice. There was a time when parties were considered to be divisive and those times were the birth of this nation and those people thinking that were founding fathers. I think they are on to something. We complain about consolidation of the media. We complain about behemoth corporations. We complain about about a lot of things that curb choice and the free exchange of ideas and goods. But what is the two party system? Exxon and Shell of politics. Get rid of that my friends. I appreciate what Hillary did (though I am not sure it was her intention or if she knew she was doing it). She followed through and provided an alternative. Not much of one but she did. I am not saying I like any of them. I don't. Thinking you should be president should disqualify from the position automatically! Anywho, that is enough from me for now. I have to pack. :(

No comments: