Monday, May 5, 2008

Some Philosophical Remarks...

So I think I am pretty much decided (barring any unfortunate or amazing events) on taking a year off from school and New York. I have been up to a lot of things that have forced serious reflection. It is hard to get past what makes you anxious and figure out what it is that is really troubling you and how you can really get a handle on the situation. One question is whether or not I can do anything useful by pursuing a terminal degree in philosophy? Is there anything really that can be done in philosophy that is not utter nonsense? Also, could I do anything pursuing a career in law? As the situation stands I am completely at the mercy of Wittgenstein and Dewey who have very low opinions of professional philosophy.
There is also the issue of New York City. Which has become increasingly ambiguous. There are things about this town that I hate. Abhor. Despise. And the list goes on. This being said.... I wonder how much of my dislike is me blaming the geography for problems that I have. I also think that a lot of it has to do with the New School. There is no one particular aspect of that bothers me. It is more of an aggregate of small things that I will not list here. I can say that it is not a problem with faculty (with one exception, *blood pressure begins to rise*). I just need some space to think and look at my life.

No comments: