Friday, May 9, 2008

More stuff...

So the weather here is terrible and I kinda like it. I have a lot of work that has to get done before Wednesday so rain and a recently (and briefly) deactivated facebook acct. should help me focus.
I have to go get coffee soon or I am going to implode. I like having a Dunkin Donuts in such close proximity to my abode.
So the facebook thing. I have to admit that I am spending more time on Gotham and myspace (but there is much less to do here). So we will see how much time actually gets saved. It is so odd to not be on facebook. And it is only odd because I do not particularly miss it. I think the things that kept me looking at it so often were the email updates. This is generally how the disappearance of an hour starts:
"Whats that you say gmail?! K. has just asked me to be his friend!? Thank you gmail for alerting me to this alert! Well, as long as I am confirming this friending I should look around and see what ol' so and so is up to! Oh! My god! Ol' so and so is now single, buddhist, a member of the green party, has a baby, listed Bend it like Beckhamis their favourite movie and posted pictures from their weekend out drinking at an 80's/90's/toga/business suit/st patties day/expensive looking self-thrown birthday party! My god! How on earth will ever digest all of this psuedo-data!"
And that children is how Uncle D wastes hours of his day. So no more of that folderol!
My mother and grandmother get in on wednesday. I am not sure how happy I am about this. I love my family but their timing sucks.... in a big way.
My friend the cat has not turned up. But I hear they melt in water. Like packing peanuts. I am sure (in the absence of FB) I will distract myself again later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it's like we're already in the afterlife...