Sunday, May 11, 2008

I am going to name the moon...

Ok, so there are two uses of the word moon. The first is capitalized and refers to our moon, The Moon. The second refers to a planet's/any planet's natural satellite, A moon. I think this is kinda crazy. That is like saying that we are the earth and every other planet in the solar system is a earth. One is a token (the moon) of a type (a moon). One is a category (natural satellites). One is a member of that category (the Moon). So why don't we give the moon a name? Something it can be proud of? I am going to think about a name for the moon and then declare. Possibly I shall start a fund so that I can fly to the moon and place a commemorative
plaque or flag there to reflect my naming it.
Also, I am packing. I have a lot of stuff. Too much.

No comments: