Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tha' Bitch...

So I said in an earlier post that I had bought a vehicle that catered to my bubba shit side of things. And here it is.
My friend nicknamed her "Tha' Bitch."
1993 GMC Sierra with 61k miles on it. New tires. New stereo. I even bought a gun rack for it. Just for shits and giggles. I do not not own a gun... yet....
I am still wrestling with the environmental impact of such a vehicle. I am going to be working 6 blocks from home. I do not really need to drive anywhere. But having all of my friends being in flux someone always needs help moving. The gas mileage is not terrible (thanks to the V6) and it is actually better than the early 90's volvo I was going to try to buy.

In other news I am writing a lettter. A very long one and I am fucking stoked about it. The recipient of this letter reads this fluff I call my blog so I cannot go into too much detail. Let us just say I am relishing the experience. The practice of writing letters is almost a lost one. It feels good to let one's ideas cook in the post. There is also a sense of finality with letters. Once it is on paper and mailed that is that. There is a hard copy record. You write in pen and there is no erasing. Their is no spell check aside from your own competence with a writing accutrement. Mine own competence is lacking in some parts if you have not noticed. But I must get on with this...

No comments: