Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday Stuff...

It is a curious sensation if you can isolate it. It is easy and subtle but it is amazing.
These days are hot down here. And I do not mean hot: I mean hotter than hell. The daily highs have cracked 100easy since monday. The evening provides little relief. Spending any time out in it (or in inadequately air conditioned inside) well drain you of fluid. I take off my black shirt and you can see the white ghosts of deposited salt in contrast to the dark material. I drink lots of water but many days it is just not enough. Today was one of those days. I came back to the house. Turned the AC on. Poured a glass of the good stuff and showered. If you have ever seen me drink beer you know how I can take it. That is how I take water. I need to do it quick so that the feeling hits me quick. Turn the shower to freezing. Let every dried out muscle in your body contract into cold leather. It is like turning every bolt you would ever imagine your body possibly to have instantaneously. You drink three, four, five mason jars of water. Then you lie down. If you time it right your muscles will go slack and rehydrate simultaneously. It is a curious sensation if you can isolate it. It is easy and subtle but it is amazing.
Today is one of those days. Everyone is out of town or hiding from the heat. All else be damned. The house, the neighborhood, the city (and this city allows itself this luxury) shuts down. The cicadas are the only thing about. This generates the omega man feeling. The only person left. Just me and whatever is left when we snuff it. It is melancholy and stealing feeling but it leaves me feeling like I should get into some mischief. For some reason this goes with that sensation...

And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack
And you may find yourself in another part of the world
And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile
And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful
Wife
And you may ask yourself-well...how did I get here?

D. Byrne knows best. Or does K. The Frog?


Well, mischief it is. But first two things:
1)"Normal people"-My learned colleague e said something about them. I still like them. Who should we really be leery of?
2) I bought a truck today. It is bubba as fuck. It is sweet as fuck. Pictures to follow. I think I need a gun rack and maybe a gun to go in it.............

No comments: