Monday, August 4, 2008

Detoxing...


So I have been a bit hard on myself of late. Too much drink. Not enough sleep. Other things. And bad food. This changes today. I am detoxing. What does one need to detox in classic DRF style? Well, I am glad you asked Terry....
I have taken to spending a day in the quiet. No talking. Music is allowed but I will stick to classical. I have a collection of Carl Nielsen that I have not listened to all the way through so that is how this shindig gets off the ground. Symphonies number 1&6. Great stuff. Next water. Lots of water. Juice: orange and lime. None of that from concentrate business either. And lastly metamucil. Now, I know this intimates all kinds of things but it is good for getting everything out and getting one's cholesterol under control. Ah, even as I right I have finished Nielsen and have now moved on to Mozart's 40&41 symphonies. 41 was his last and called the Jupiter symphony for anyone who reads this and didn't know and gives two and a half shits. But back to the task at hand. On top of that I have a few tangerines I am going to eat. A trade paper back of Transmetropolitan to read. Some zyrtec for my sinuses (which are fucked all to hell). And some letters to write. A good friend of mine from the city sent me a package that I got today. I have already cracked out two pages simply about receiving the package. More to follow through out the day. I also need to clean this damn house. Being in a house by one's self has its advantages but also its disadvantages. Oh well, lets get everything cleaned...
"To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight"-Excerpt from the Boy Scouts of America Oath (two outta three aint bad)

No comments: