Sunday, December 14, 2008

So I didn't make it out of town this weekend...

Which makes me sad but there is a recession on and there was Christmas shopping that needed doing. And someone threw their shoes at the president. My list of excuses goes on and on and on. That being said: I wish I had weaseled my way out of being a productive member of society but alas. I suppose my main reason for not going was that I could not find someone to go with. I have to say that this provisio is solely for my own personal safety. I do not doubt my own skills as an outdoorsman but I do doubt the nature of nature. And since my intention was to go some place where no one could hear me scream I decided that I would have import someone with me. But other people find themselves more shackled than myself. So I didn't go. This was not intended to be some Therou-esque gallavanting but serious quiet time. Therou was a bitch of a bitch and that business in Walden was, what my grandfather would have called, a "Load of hooey." I admit I see the paradox of needing alone time and someone to around to drive me to the hospital shoudl I be attacked by a rabid squirrel. But oh well...
My roommate just showed me the video of the President being attacked with shoes. I love freedom of the press...
I admit I am growing resentful of the requests people put on my time. I don't get to write letters, do laundry, go camping, update this blog, or write in general, read more than I do mostly because someone always needs something from me. It is not one person (though my parents being old feeble and needing something moved every 15 minutes does no help) who does this but an aggregate of many requests and some poor management. I had to fire my social sercretary due to cut backs in the face of the declining economy. Oh well...
On a bright note though I have borrowed the most office 1980's boombox from a friend of mine so that I can try and make mix tapes. This does not seem to be working but I do want to video tape the system while I play some songs through it. If I can do this you will see why it is some awesome.
Back to work!

No comments: