Saturday, December 27, 2008

Geez, thank god christmas is over...

I had the most low key x-mas ever. I did not really go out. It was just me and my immediate fam for christmas lunch and the gifts were so perfectly honed that they constitute pure awesomeness. I enjoyed them all. I got a few sweet kitchen knives, some money (which bought me a backup harddrive and a digital camera), two bottles of Hendricks's gin, one pint of Jameson, one pint of Chivas Regal, a back scruber for the shower, a chia herb garden, a 1943 edition of the Joy of Cooking, some gift cards and the coup de' gras: Two original 1986 Watchmen lithographs signed by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons. It was tres cool. I also bought myself Ryan Adam's new book Infinity Blues (which because I preordered came signed by the author).
But how do you come back from this? Simplicity. Quiet. Presents. No work. How do you get back into the grove of normalcy which plagues my very existence!? Who knows...
I have also been doing some thinking and that never gets me anywhere but in trouble.

2 comments:

Shaun Randol said...

nice to take a break, eh? i came back and found out gaza and israel were going at it... sometimes, i'd rather just stay "checked out." happy new year

Anonymous said...

use the back scrubber to spread the chia seeds on your skin and water it with whiskey...Swamp Thing (Alan Moore baby!)