Thursday, December 18, 2008

Damn...

I mean damn in all senses of the word. Good and bad. Eternal and ephemeral. Things are just crazy these days. I did not have to go to work the other day because of ice. That was great. I am continually drawn to teaching because of the hours. You want to pay me in the summers? I have two paid weeks of vacation in the winter? Holy cow batman! Awesome...
I have used that time and time since to get some reading done. I finished a comicbook by a local gay named Nate Powell. He is great. I completed about another 1/4th of The Deathly Hallows. I also read the thesis proposal which electrified my brain grapes and got me back into a groove of philosophical thought. I have not finished my letters but I did finish the first issue of my my first comic book. I am trying to find someone to pencil it but I am thinking this will take a while. We will see what happens as time goes on. Oh well...
There is something that I find in certain veins of philosophical thought: seeing psychology as a fetish. It is a bit odd to me that I find myself in the middle of the world of mental health and DSM-IV diagnoses. I am going to have to think about this more.

No comments: