Thursday, October 23, 2008

So I did something (anything) naughty today...

I woke up this morning and didn't have it in me. I did not have the will to work. So, I called in sick. Aside from not being able to touch my toes there is nothing wrong with me. I thought about rolling over and going back to bed. I really did. But as I lay there in the cool gray of the overcast morning my lack of desire was slowly being replaced by something else all together. A desire for mischief. The day was too young and fresh to miss out on. So I am sitting here with my cup of coffee and my mason jar of ice water doing this blog post for my first act of mischief. Since I am not at work where I should be anything I do today other than go into work will be mischief. The most mundane and banal things turned into acts of defiance and am smirk. What heinous crime should I perpetrate? Lunch with my grand mother? Write a letter? Read some Richard Rorty? Go to the comic book store? Go to church? All things will now have the zest of added mischief! I think first I will read the N.Y.T. According to some people this is a crime no matter when you do it. Perhaps I will drink some wine while I do it.
I will be updating you through out the day.

No comments: