Thursday, February 19, 2009

You know it takes a long long time...

So, here I am on thursday. I have just applied for my second job (as a supplement to the first) and that leaves me feeling not so great. I grew up with the idea that the Leave It To Beaver kinda life was a baseline. That things should improve with time, that progress would prevail. This has shown to not be the case. I have cut out all of my fun spending (the local comic book store is now $20 a week short thanks to the recession). What is one to do. I admit that in comparison to some I am a lucky SOB. My friend who works for Goldman Sachs lost his job a while ago and I cannot fathom what it is like to get laid off. The world works as such that hard work does not pay off. Do we create the world in our image? Do our ethos become the world through our will? I am beginning to doubt that.
Anywho, Bush Light courses through my veins because it is my only solace. We make do with what we have.

No comments: