Thursday, July 24, 2008

Updates and what not....

Well so I am back. I am working through emails, my friends' blogs, 2 months of gawker (a fool's errand at best), and doing other civilized things. The job hunt is going well though getting my house back in order is not. I have plans though. Lots of them. Most of them revolve around getting a car (next week for that) and a dog. I want the dog more to be honest but a car is necessary. Especially as the heat has really come in full force this week. Up until this week the weather has not been that bad. And believe me on this, I was out there. Yet we are finally getting some of that dry heat, some of that elderly killing, plant wilting heat. It is only a matter of time before the actual highs hit 100 and the heat index puts us well into the 110's. Oh I wait for it and savor the very thought.
I have been on a Batman kick of late. I am ingesting graphic novels as quickly as I can get my grubby paws on them. The Hush series, The Dark Knight Strikes Again, All-Star Batman and Robin, Gotham By Gaslight, etc. I love them all. I especially enjoy Frank Miller's take on the character. I call this instantiation (with the deepest affection) the "God Damn Batman." If you remove intention from a superhero what then is it? Or maybe is simply the intention regardless of the consequences (a Kantian Batman?). Or maybe it is just the love the game... I love Miller's challenge to moralists and the politically correct alike.
Aside from the Comic Books there is always this:

We all have those days sometimes...

No comments: