Friday, July 18, 2008

36 Hours...

So I will be done with my current line of work at about noon on sunday. Needless to say I am ready. Needless to say it will be wierd to be back in civilization (such as it is).
A crazy few weeks thus far. A lot has happened. I have recorded little. I have learned a lot. My outdoor skills have been honed to mastery and I think I could whip Chuck Norris' pansy ass six ways to sunday up one side and down the other. Bring it old man...
That being said it is odd how the smallest of things can bring someone down. I was asleep wednesday night/thursday morning. Sleeping soundly when I was awoken by a curious sensation around my right ear. I came too fully just in time to feel a bug climb into my ear and yes, I mean the ear canal. It got trapped and started flapping its wings. This was not comfortable. I got up and ran down to where I keep my tweezers. My attempts to extricate the beast only drove him deeper into my skull untill he was resting directly against my ear drum. This is the point where it began to hurt and my equilibrium went all whack... I ran down to the medics and tried to dig the wee bastard out. This did not work. At all. It only infuriated the bastard that he began to flap harder. This just down right hurt. I gave up for a quick solution and drowned the little bastard with rubbing alcohol. It took 45 minutes to flush the little shit out with water. I would have taken pictures of the carcas but moths pretty much melt when exposed to water. That was that. I went back to bed only to wake up 4 hours later to go back to work.
My sense of humor ran out last thursday at 10:30am. But that is another story all together. So as it stands I am going to get done sunday. Go home. Shower. Watch The Dark Knight on Imax. Then stay drunk for a few days and get back to the job hunt. Life is good. Or will be soon.
More later...