Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sometimes I find my self full of rage. It is not directed at anything and I never have any real desire to do anything with it. I do not feel the need to kill kittens or blow things up. It might just be me being angry at myself or something like that. It seems triggered by songs and memories that those songs usually conjure. There are lots of songs attached to a lot of memories about a lot of things about a lot of people about a lot of times. Where does one begin... This situation is not helped by sultry nights, cold beer, and the cicada-droning quiet of neighborhood as it seems from my porch. The mind's eye taints a lot of things.
Enough of this. It is warm and humid and there is a beer for me on the porch. Who am I to disappoint? Fuck my better angels.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[raises hand enthusiastically] "I'll fuck your better angels!"