Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Where did May go?

So I have been back for a while. My life seems to pretty much have settled on LR but the odd things is that I constantly dream about NYC. It is an imaginary NYC. I mean, it in no way resembles any part of the city. (New Flash! Clinton to suspend campaign on Friday says NYT in my inbox.) I have dreams about downtown that involved above ground rail lines, derelict harbors, and swamp. Possibly a metaphor for everything south of canal but not anything like the town I know. I had a dream about several NYC last night. We were trying out for a reality tv show. I make no excuses on this point.
But I am happy here. Still no real desire to do ANY kind of philosophy. I can't even make myself finish my Wittgenstein biography. Back issues of the New Yorker satisfy my reading needs to no end though. My garden now includes mint, Texas tarragon, Thai basil, lavender, and two citronella plants on top of my peppers and flowers. My peppers look, well, they don't look so good. I think I planted them too close together in my enthusiasm to grow something. Pictures to follow of course.
I drink less. I think this falls in the same category as not wanting to do philosophy.
My former governor made a crack about assassinating the presumptive democratic nominee for president.
Life is well and good.

No comments: