Monday, June 30, 2008

Updates and What Not...

So I have been super busy of late. As such there has been very much activity here in the "blogosphere." So here are a few things of note.
While I have known several people to have their faces seen in the New York Times. I have known others who have been featured on the Tavis Smiley show. To this add an even greater media event: This douche-bag on a local Arkansas news show.
About a week ago I received a late night phone call from someone about Harry Potter trivia. I of course was asleep as I work hard for my mighty dollars ( I kid E.). I explained to my caller that I was in fact not only asleep but asleep in a tent. The response to this idea was incredulity. But here is my current place of residence.
This is my desk/bed side table (such as it is):

(Work gloves, magazines, batteries, compasses (yes, I can use one), clipboard, books, Gold Bond, tums, clock, notebooks of stuff, letter from S., etc, etc. etc.)
Here is another view of my abode with guests:
Yes we smoke. Yes we wear goofy socks. But the view is pretty fuckin' good.
This is a huge spider I found. I will try and find more wildlife to show you. But that is later.
Also, as part of my responsibilities I make hamburgers every Wednesday. This is what I make them on.
I realize how absurd all of this looks. But hey, how unabsurd is what you do?

2 comments:

Yew Norker said...

It's like Aurelius writing the Meditations in his bivouac on the Danube...

D.R.F. said...

There are days I feel more like Wittgenstein writing in a prison camp. Except it is much hotter and I am not that smart. But the comparison is appreciated...