Saturday, September 6, 2008

Ok, what the hell is there NOT to talk about!

So I have been derelict in my blogging duties of late but between starting work, getting a new place, and just now figuring out that only by sitting on my back deck do I get wireless I have few chances to get around to it.
Ok, presidential politics... What the fuck! Sarah Palin? Really? Really? She ruins what little credibility that John McCain had left. I liked John McCain back in 2000. He truly was a maverick. His positions on POWs, torture, immigration, taxes, the environment, special interest influence, campaign finance reform, and telling war stories were as right headed as they were courageous (I mean look at that pit viper of a party he comes from! They eat their young, their old, their weak, and just about anything else they can). Of course these positions are no longer his as he has veered to the right. But this is the thing, to win elections both candidates must inevitably swing to the right. Obama's position on faith bases iniatives is an excellent example but here is the thing: Republicans can only sell lies and democrats can't sell the truth. It is a sad state of affairs to be sure.
Obviously there is more to talk about my dinner has just arrived so more to follow...

No comments: