Friday, December 11, 2009

Well, I needed another break to electronically vomit...

So where was I? Oh yes! I have been up for almost 40 hours now and for some reason feel no need to sleep. Maybe I am finally evolving beyond such silliness? I doubt it...
I have finished a paper today on the legacy of philosophical skepticism. I believe that for the most part it was satisfactory rubbish except the section on Wittgenstein's On Certainty and the section on my general response to the problem where I used some good old fashioned Pierce. Basically I find the whole mess incoherent and untenable. If someone wishes to run the most failed thought experiment of all time to question one of the silliest perennial nuisances of philosophy they can be my guest. For my part I am quite content in going on like a dumb ass acting as if "This is a hand and this is hand." Sleep probably would not be a terrible idea at this juncture though... So now I am up to my ears in Foucault... again... I was originally excited about the idea but unfortunately I am not now except the parts where I do some serious Kant quoting which sounds ridiculous except that it isn't.
Back to work. Enjoy some cheese with this whine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm reading!!! where did you get this pic??? can i join? do i have to slap a little girl?

and it's always magic to me how you keep getting into the (few) parts of foucault i know nothing about. hope you got some sleep. pet the cat for me. and tell him about cuchifritos and how much he would love it.